Before Intravenous Anesthesia
How To Prepare For Your Dental Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Tauberg prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Please download the Anesthesia Preperation Form for PDF of instructions.
We're Dedicated to Expert Oral Surgery
Dr. Tauberg‘s expertise and years of experience will add to the comfort and convenience that his office and staff provide. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule your consultation!